Our Fruit Iced Teas are zero calorie and caffeine free, before sweetening. They make a great alternative to soft drinks and are an ideal mixer for spirits.
What you need to make 1.5 litres of Fruit Iced Tea
- 36g of fruit tea - The important aspect here is for the tea to be strong. We sell our Delicious Berry Fruit Tea blend as well as our Orange and Apple Fruit Tea blend, both of which feature dried luxury fruit pieces.
- 1 litre of filtered water
- 500g of ice
- 24g (6 teaspoons) of sugar (or stevia or honey or other sweetener). The amount of sweetener you add to your fruit iced tea is entirely up to you: if left unsweetened our fruit iced tea makes a sophisticated mixer for gin or vodka that allows the florals of the gin or the creaminess of the vodka to shine through, unlike a conventional fruit juice which would overpower the flavour with sweetness.
- Put the ice aside in a container or pitcher that can contain at least 1.5 litres of fluid and can withstand the hot tea without breaking. Refrigerate the ice whilst the tea is brewing.
- Bring the litre of water to boil in a pot or kettle. Allow the water to come down from the boil slightly and pour it over the tea (which should be in a pot large enough for 1 litre of fluid). Allow the tea to brew for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags/infuser once the tea has brewed to an reddish-brown appearance.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in your sweetener. Allow it to stand for a minute.
- Carefully pour the brewed tea over the ice. Most of the ice will melt instantly. Refrigerate the tea further before serving